Pork fried rice originated from a Chinese cuisine. It is simple, and yet very delicious. You can use garlic instead of garlic powder if you choose. Some other great additions would be a little rice wine and oyster sauce. This recipe makes 2 servings. Give it a try and enjoy!
1 (6 ounce) boneless pork loin chop (cut in small pieces)
1/4 cup carrot (finely chopped)
1/4 cup frozen peas
2 green onions (chopped)
1 tablespoon butter
1 egg (beaten)
1 cup cold cooked white rice
4 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (2 garlic cloves, minced)
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a pan over medium-high heat melt butter.
- Add pork, carrot, peas and onions and sauté until the pork is no longer pink inside.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan cook and stir egg over medium heat until completely set.
- Stir in rice, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger and the pork mixture.
- Heat through while stir frying for a few minutes