Paella is valencian rice dish that originated from its modern form near lake Albufera, a lagoon in Valencia, on the east coast of Spain. It also consists of white rice, green vegetables, meat (chicken, duck), beans and seasoning. Seafood paella replaces meat and snails with seafood and omits beans and green vegetables. Now, we will try the delicious Chicken Paella and this serves as one of the best recipe on this website.
1 kilo chicken (cut into small pieces)
1/4 kilo chicken giblets & liver
2 cans tomato sauce
2 large onions chopped
1/2 head garlic, minced
1 pieces bay leaf (laurel)
2 bell peppers, red & green (strips)
1/2 kilo tahong (cooked in shell)
3-4 crabs (cooked, quartered)
1 cup sweet green peas
2 chorizo de bilbao (sliced diagonally, 1/4' thick)
1 teaspoon pimenton powder
1 tablespoon vetsin
salt to taste
1 hard-cooked egg (garnishing)
3 cups rice
4-5 cups water
- Saute and brown garlic in oil. Stir in half of chopped onions.
- When wilted, add chicken. Stir until light brown and pour in tomato sauce.
- Add bay leaf, vetsin, and salt. Cover. Cook until almost done.
- Add pimenton, stir to blend well with sauce. Then, add pepper strips, tahong, shrimps, peas, chorizo, and crabs. Boil for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- This time a big wok or kawali. Saute' remaining onions until soft. Add 1 can tomato sauce, water, and rice (previously washed). Stir to blend water with tomato sauce. When it boils, cover, lower heat to medium temperature and continue cooking until rice is cooked.
- When done, toss rice with fork to make it fluffy. Then, add 3/4 part of cooked mixture to rice. Increase heat. Mix to blend the cooked mixture and rice evenly. Cook until dries.
- Place in a big dish, spread the remaining cooked mixture on top. Garnish with sliced hard-cooked egg and chopped spring onion.