Lobster Thermidor originally from a French dish consisting of a creamy mixture of cooked lobster meat, egg yolks, stuffed into a lobster shell, and optionally served with an oven-browned cheese crust. Now, filipinos are fun of having this recipe with some additional ingredients. Enjoy cooking!
4 pieces large prawns
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon flour
1 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vetsin
3/4 cup grated cheese
1 teaspoon calamansi juice
2 tablespoon bread crumbs
1 egg yolk
1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- Cook prawns in a little water over low fire for 1 hour.
- Cut shell at the back and scoop out meat. Set aside the shell.
- Chop meat coarsely.
- Saute onion in butter, lower heat and add flour. Stir well.
- Remove from heat and gradually add milk, egg yolk (slightly beaten), and half of the grated cheese.
- Season with salt, vetsin, and calamansi juice.
- Lastly, add the prawns meat.
- Continue cooking until mixture thickens.
- Fill prawns shell with cooked mixture, top with bread crumbs and the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven (375 F).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until topping becomes golden brown.